Which Samsung Phones Have Dex?
The term “Desktop Experience” is abbreviated as “Dex,” and it refers to Samsung’s DeX Station. The DeX Station is an optional dock that enables users of the Galaxy S9, S10, S20, S21, Note8, Note9, Note10, Note 20, and Z Fold series phones as well as the Galaxy Tab S4, S5e, S6, S7, and S8 series tablets to use their devices with an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse to simulate a desktop experience.
As of January 2022, support for the Samsung DeX application on Mac OS was discontinued. If Samsung DeX is already installed, you will still be able to use it, but there will be no customer service or software upgrades, and you won’t be able to download Samsung DeX for Mac OS.
Use Samsung DeX in situations where you want to see every detail of a video or image. It enables you to connect your smartphone or tablet to a monitor or TV so that you may view desktop content on a larger screen with improved clarity.
It is also ideal for performing multiple tasks at once or using productivity tools like PowerPoint, which are more intuitive to operate on a larger display. You only need to configure it with a DeX accessory that is compatible with it. Some smartphones even have the capability to launch DeX wirelessly.
How To Set Up And Use A Dex Cable On Samsung Phone?
You can start DeX by using a standard adaptor that goes from USB-C to HDMI. The Galaxy Note8, Note9, Note10, Note20 5G, and Note20 Ultra 5G, as well as the phones in the S8, S9, S10, S20, and S21 series, as well as the Galaxy Tab A, Tab S4, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S7, and Tab 8 are all compatible with the DeX cable.
With the use of a DeX cable, you may bypass the need for any additional adapters or cables in order to connect your smartphone or tablet to a monitor. Follow the instructions below to configure DeX:
- Connect the USB-C end of the DeX Cable to the port on the phone or tablet. After that, connect the HDMI end of the cable to the monitor by inserting it into the HDMI port on the display.
Note: It is important to keep in mind that DeX will resume if the HDMI cable is disconnected or removed. Before removing the wire from the computer, please ensure that all modifications have been saved.
- Unlock your phone if it is necessary. If this is the first time you’ve used DeX, a popup notice will appear on the Home screen of your mobile device (phone or tablet). To enable access to Full Desktop mode, hit the Continue button, and then tap the Start button.
- Another Samsung DeX popup will show on the phone or tablet; touch OK, and then slide down from the top of the screen to enter the Notification panel. This will bring up any notifications that have been received on the device. To use your phone as a touchpad, tap the notification that appears on the screen. You can now use your smartphone to manipulate the cursor that is displayed on the monitor.
Note: Although you can use the touchpad that is linked to your personal computer to carry out fundamental tasks, certain movements, such as pinching with two fingers in order to zoom in, will not work.
- After you have finished reading the instructions that are displayed on the monitor, select OK.
- Touch and hold the touchpad, and then drag the pointer up or down to scroll in Windows when it is in DeX mode. You can connect Bluetooth devices directly to the device in order to utilize a keyboard and a mouse with Samsung DeX if you follow these instructions. When using the DeX cable, wired accessories cannot be used because of compatibility issues.
- On some devices, your monitor will begin screen mirroring whatever is currently being displayed on your device automatically. Swiping down from the screen’s top can bring up the notification panel, which can then be used to switch to Samsung DeX. Tap the notification that appears for Samsung DeX, and then tap Samsung DeX. The monitor will then go into the Samsung DeX mode.
- Select the Apps symbol located in the bottom left corner of the DeX screen, and then select the Exit DeX option from the drop-down menu that appears.
Which Samsung Phones Have Dolby Atmos?
The Galaxy phone you have is comparable to having your very own personal theater or concert hall in your pocket. The Samsung Galaxy S9, S10, S20, Note9, Note10, and Note20 all support Dolby Atmos, which provides a surround sound experience comparable to that of a movie theater.
In addition, a Dolby Atmos function that is tailored to gaming is available on devices beginning with the Galaxy S10 and continuing forth. On your phone, you’ll see a settings menu that gives you access to a variety of audio options, including Dolby Atmos.
How Do I Use Dolby Atmos For Gaming On My Samsung Phone?
Mobile games already have an incredible sound experience thanks to Dolby Atmos, but thanks to your Galaxy device, gaming will be much more realistic and immersive. Even the quietest sounds, such as footsteps in a horror game, will be amplified when you use Dolby Atmos for gaming.
To activate this function:
- Navigate to the Settings menu, search for Sound quality and effects, and then select that option.
- After that, go back to the Sound quality and effects menu, and this time, hit the switch that’s located next to the Dolby Atmos for gaming option.
Dolby Atmos is activated for improved sound quality and effects in gaming.
Please take into consideration that this function might not be accessible on all of your devices.
How Do I Adjust Equalizer Settings On My Samsung Phone?
If you’re listening to your favorite song and notice that it sounds off in some way, you may correct the problem by adjusting the settings on the Equalizer. You may also change the volume and the equalizer settings to get the song to sound the way you want it to.
- Within Settings, look for Sound quality and effects, and then select that option.
- Again, select Sound quality and effects, and after that, select Equalizer to customize the parameters for the equalizer. You have the option of selecting Normal, Pop, Classic, Jazz, or Rock; you can even go with Custom.
- Each of those choices will make appropriate adjustments to the bass, treble, instruments, and vocal settings in accordance with the music that you are currently listening to.
- Under Equalizer, a list of available choices, with Normal selected.
- You have the option of selecting “Custom” to make manual adjustments to the settings so that they are tailored to your specific preferences, if desired. For instance, when you listen to your preferred style of music, perhaps you find it really enjoyable to experience the low bass.
- Tap the Custom button located in the Equalizer section of the menu, and then use your finger to adjust the sliders to the levels that suit your ears best.
How Does Samsung Scalable Codec Work On Samsung Phones?
The Samsung Scalable Codec will be automatically enabled on your Galaxy mobile device if it is running Android 7 (Nougat) or a higher version, and if it is paired with a Bluetooth device that is compatible with it.
The Samsung Scalable Codec is capable of playing UHQ audio and maintaining a continuous music stream. The Samsung Scalable Codec monitors the interference around you and automatically changes the audio bitrate so that you may enjoy clear and reliable music without any drop-outs. Wi-Fi transmission can interfere with Bluetooth transmission.
Devices such as the Galaxy Z-Flip and Galaxy Fold, the Galaxy Note5 and above, the Galaxy S6 and higher, the Galaxy A series, the Galaxy J series, the Galaxy Tab S series, and the Galaxy Tab A series are all examples of Samsung gadgets that are compatible with the Samsung Scalable Codec.